On Wed, Nov 16, 2011 at 1:20 AM, Martin Grigorov <mgrigo...@apache.org> wrote:

> speaking of moving it to Apache..
>
> currently we have some inconsistencies between Spring and Guice
> integrations and users ask from time to time :
> - why we don't use jsr330 @javax.inject.Inject since both Spring and
> Guice support it. With CDI I think javax.enterprise.inject.Inject is
> used which is yet another ...

cdi uses the standard javax.inject.Inject...not sure where you found
the enterprise.inject.Inject variation

> - is it possible to not proxy the injected object (we have a ticket
> with patch for Spring for that but not for Guice)

not as far as i know. proxying is part of the spec. im sure, if
needed, we can write the container-specific logic to unwrap the proxy,
but why would we want to? id like to see a good usecase first...

> now with CDI I see more:
> - why Injector.get().inject(me) doesn't work ?
> --- because it needs BeanManager, but since it is reachable from
> ServletContext then it should be OK
> --- because it needs the class - OK, use me.getClass() for that

it doesnt work because we use cdi-specific functionality to inject
noncontextual objects - not the framework provided by wicket-ioc such
as IFieldValueFactory, etc.

we can probably wire it in, but NonContextualManager in wicket-cdi
provides more then just inject(), it also has postConstruct() and
preDestroy()

https://github.com/42Lines/wicket-cdi/blob/master/wicket-cdi/src/main/java/net/ftlines/wicket/cdi/NonContextualManager.java

> - why Spring/Guice doesn't support @PostConstruct ?

guice does via an addon lib, not sure what spring's status is.

> So my question is: should we try to make them consistent with each
> other or we should provide minimal integration and give the user the
> possibility to use the full power of his favorite DI framework ?

we should provide minimal integration. we should not start normalizing
across containers, its a huge job that is worthy of its own project.

-igor