On Fri, Dec 2, 2011 at 3:33 AM, Emond Papegaaij
<emond.papega...@topicus.nl>wrote:

> Note to Jeremy: I deleted some of the code you contributed to Wicket 1.5
> because there was a large overlap in functionality, and it proved
> difficult to
> keep the old code working as is. It would be great if you could shed some
> light on what the exact problem was, you were trying to solve with that
> code,
> so I can make sure that it can also be solved with this new approach.

Emond,

  It sounds like you have the use-cases pretty well covered.  Basically,
the goal of that work was to be able to define a hierarchy of resources
that depended on each other.  To be able to get that into 1.4 there were
some design compromises.  But, it enabled us to be able to include a single
resource and make sure that any other resources that were required by it
were included before it.  (For example, including a custom jQuery module
could force jQuery to be loaded before the module).

  Thanks for your efforts!  It sounds like you are making good progress for
a nice improvement to resources for Wicket 6!

--
Jeremy Thomerson
http://wickettraining.com