From what I understand, your solution would work well. You would have:
wicket-trunk remote = gitHub
wicket_14 remote = wicket-trunk
wicket_15 remote = wicket-trunk

What Renaud and and Edmond described is instead:
wicket-trunk remotes = [gitHub, wicket_14, wicket_15]
wicket_14 remotes = [gitHub, wicket-trunk, wicket_15]
wicket_15 remotes = [gitHub, wicket_14, wicket-trunk]

With the second way, you can push a change directly from one of your working dir clones to all the others at once. See http://stackoverflow.com/questions/5620525/git-pushing-to-two-repos-in-one-command and http://stackoverflow.com/questions/5785549/able-to-push-to-all-git-remotes-with-the-one-command.

I too am new to git so I'd like to know if there are disadvantages to the second approach.

Bertrand