Hey all,

I'm starting a new project, based on JavaScript, but incorporating the same
ideals and basic design philosophy as Wicket.  I've titled the project
"CajetaJS" after the addictive caramelized goodness that is everywhere here in
Mexico.

It's just begun, but I have some of the basics stable and functional.

Why JavaScript?  Well, to be honest, I see a lot of benefit to a JavaScript
framework.  Yes, the language itself has some hideous structural edge cases,
and poor tooling support (compared to Java), but on the plus side:

-  Move the view and controller over to the client, freeing the server to focus
only on REST APIs.  Message size is an important factor in scalability.  So,
eliminating markup from all but bootstrap requests can increase scale.
Furthermore, reducing caching requirements at the server can only help.

-  Offline functionality.  Make it easier to design HTML5 applications (games,
etc) that are free of server dependencies.

-  Browsers are quickly evolving.  Why not choose a framework that's closest to
the iron?

There's a large roadmap ahead, and I could use some help.  I'm looking for
developers that are proficient at JavaScript, have some idea about the HTML5
functional spec (SVG, Local DB, Element & CSS extensions, WebGL), and love
Wicket.

Wicket was the first Java server-side framework that really made sense to me,
and after 20 years of development experience, I think it's still one of the
best.  If you're interested in helping me explore new avenues with Wicket's
philosophies, please contact me off list.

Cheers!

-jjk