Check
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/WICKET/Migration+to+Wicket+7.0
Also Jira filter
https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?filter=12326080shows all
tickets which are fixed only in 7.0.0. There are some new
features which are not listed in the migration guide.
There are no revolutionary changes. Only improvements which cannot be done
in 6.x because of API breaks, behavior change or too risky for a minor
version.

Martin Grigorov
Wicket Training and Consulting