Yes, you are right - it has to be optional at least, something even the current
jQuery reference isn't yet (you only can provide an empty one js file - still a
request);

>From my experience this all is worse than at the time before jQuery was
>introduced to wicket as this really slows down the DOM process. In my proposal
>I at least made the mistake that I didnt think of additional libraries adding
>more JS header items - but it should end up with better rendering overall
>IMHO?
Maybe a concentation of all these header things in an external resouce file
might be the better solution... (e.g.: <script defer src="/requesrt specific
fake path"> )

I originally thought that this might also be put into the footer, right before
the </body> tag, but Andrea del Bene was against it pointing to the new defer /
async properties which is somehow right.

In my app the problem is that I load 2 times the whole jQuery... and 1 only for
wicket as 2nd one is from a minified and optimized JS file from webdesigner;