GitHub user svenmeier opened a pull request:

    https://github.com/apache/wicket/pull/249

    independent component renderer

    ComponentRenderer makes it easy to render components, but it still needs
the thread to be attached to a WebApplication's ThreadContext: I've seen
projects use WicketTester for that or rolling their own solution.

    IMHO we could improve ComponentRender to officially support independent
rendering of components.

    WDYT?

    $ git pull https://github.com/apache/wicket sandbox/component-renderer

    https://github.com/apache/wicket/pull/249.patch

    This closes #249

----
commit 6e6c273fd32325a447cc32c751d5ce0c083e7ed1