Hi Thorsten,

ComponentRender#destroy() destroys the application, there's not much more to it.

In most cases you will want to reuse the application for performance reasons. A specific application can even be used as constructor argument, which might be the main web application that you don't want to be destroyed prematurely.

So auto-closing i.e. destroying the renderer after each render might lead people into the wrong direction.

Have fun
Sven