On Wed, Jul 12, 2023 at 8:03 AM Maxim Solodovnik <solomax...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> BTW here is the discussion regarding future of commons-fileupload:
> https://lists.apache.org/thread/koclgykqx0sfkrz8tf1w37n15zyql822
> please join :)

Regarding commons-fileupload vs. Servlet API: I've mentioned the reason why
Wicket does not use Servlet file upload APIs :
- https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/WICKET-5192
- https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/WICKET-5924 (also shows some
limitations)

Regarding the release of commons-fileupload:
I understand it is volunteer work but the Commons people talk about making
a release for 3 years now...
OK, let's assume they release -M1 next weekend. How much more would it take
for a final release ?!
The funny part is that commons-fileupload classes were part of wicket-util
back in the days but I replaced them with a proper dependency with
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/WICKET-5503 :-)