On Sunday 28 November 2010 8:57:11 am Andreas Veithen wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 23, 2010 at 15:54, Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org> wrote:
> > On Tuesday 23 November 2010 9:49:06 am Andreas Veithen wrote:
> >>
> >> Because SVN notifications are sent from <your_apache_id>@apache.org.
> >> If you are not subscribed with that address, then the notification
> >> will bounce and disappear in a black hole. At least that is my
> >> experience with commit lists in several Apache projects.
> >
> > I believe that has now changed.   I THINK (I'll try and verify) that
> > messages from *...@apache.org accounts are now automatically moderated
> > through for commits lists.   I think that changed sometime last year.
>
> Dan, did you get the time to test this?

Didn't test it, but Joe did confirm that the commits lists automatically allow
*...@apache.org addresses without moderation.   Thus, the committers don't need
to be subscribesd.

That said, I still recommend people subscribing and reviewing the commits.
That's part of the oversight that the board expects.

--
Daniel Kulp
dk...@apache.org