Hi Amila,

On Wed, 14 Sep 2011 21:52:48 +0530
Amila Jayasekara <ami...@wso2.com> wrote:

> > That may make sense.  Updating to Neethi 3, removing the Axiom
> > stuff (would be a requirement for use with CXF), etc... is also a
> > big step.   We'd likely need to look at the CXF policy model and
> > double check on new things.   We've added support for a bunch of
> > extra token types (like Kerberos and SAML and others) that would
> > likely need to be pulled back in.   We've also added a bunch of
> > validation things (for post processing) that we'd likely want to
> > make sure work in the streaming cases as well.  (like the XPath
> > expressions and such)
>
> Marc,Dan
> I am trying to figure out possible effects on apache rampart, with
> above change. Ideally we would like to plug swsf independently. I am
> having following concerns related to this.
>
> I am +1 for the idea of having a sub-module for WS-Policy code.
> Dan, i am bit concerned about "removing axiom stuff"
> First is this change going to be a custom development for CXF only or
> else are we planning to apply this to new (2.0) WSS4J framework ?
> After swiftly going through swsf code, i realised that it still uses
> axiom in its policy processing code.  If we are planning to apply this
> change to WSS4J 2.0 framework, what are we going to use in-place of
> axiom ?

swssf has no need to use Axiom. It's just a dependency from Neethi
2.0.4 to read the policies. Whatever neethi uses to build the policy
so will swssf.

> Marc, in addition i also saw a dependency to cxf-rt-bindings-soap.
> Could you please explain the usage of this within swsf ?

cxf dependencies are just there for an cxf-integration test and to
demonstrate the easy integration into cxf. It will be removed.

To be clear:

swssf has in reality just the following dependencies:

Of course there is a StAX Parser needed. swssf should work with any
StAX parser. Woodstox just seems to be the fastest:
<groupId>org.codehaus.woodstox</groupId>
<artifactId>wstx-asl</artifactId>

I like commons-logging so this was choosen as logging wrapper:
<groupId>commons-logging</groupId>

For streaming Base64 encoding/decoding:
<groupId>commons-codec</groupId>
<artifactId>commons-codec</artifactId>

Policy parsing:
<groupId>org.apache.neethi</groupId>
<artifactId>neethi</artifactId>

SAML Token processing:
<groupId>org.opensaml</groupId>
<artifactId>opensaml</artifactId>

replay detection etc:
<groupId>jcs</groupId>
<artifactId>jcs</artifactId>

That's it. All other dependencies are either pulled in by these deps or
used for demonstration. Everything else would be a bug in swssf.

Marc