On Thursday, May 03, 2012 02:26:49 PM Colm O hEigeartaigh wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I propose to drop WSS4J 1.5.x releases after the next release (WSS4J
> 1.5.13). Most of the major downstream projects that use WSS4J have
> already upgraded to use the 1.6.x series of releases. Work will
> commence fairly shortly on moving the WSS4J 2.0 (SWSSF) branch to
> trunk so it seems natural to drop support for WSS4J 1.5.x at this
> time.

I think it makes sense.   1.6 was release over a year ago now so projects
certainly have had time to migrate.   If a security issue pops up or
something, we can certainly do another release, but I definitely think it's
time we stop really worrying about it.

> Opinions/objections? If there are any objections I'd like to see some
> volunteers willing to maintain the code :-)

:-)

--
Daniel Kulp
dk...@apache.org - http://dankulp.com/blog