+1 for the approach for sending custom values

When we send custom values, do we send information about the workflow
and instance ID etc?

I think we should we also have a default  set of monitoring data we
can push from a BPEL workflow to BAM (just like default Service stats)
that can be turned on easily. I think we can do this easily by
extending the ODE workflow event listener to emit workflow monitoring
data. It should send information like services invoked, how long the
instance ran,  .. requests send and received etc.

--Srinath