On Mon, May 7, 2012 at 10:44 PM, Hiranya Jayathilaka <hira...@wso2.com>wrote:

>> In other words, is there a way to set the "receive" attribute of the send
>> mediator to an anonymous (local to proxy service) sequence?
>>

> Send mediator can only lookup named sequences. And in the current Synapse
> registry implementation, all named objects are kept in a global scope. So
> what you're suggesting is to implement a new service/API scope for Synapse
> language. This should be possible, but I'm not sure how much effort it's
> going to take. However the question is, how badly do we want to do this?
> What are the other use cases we might have?
>
> Thanks,
> Hiranya

IMO this will be a useful addition to Synapse. It is an enhancement that
can be done in a backward compatible manner, and will add a lot of value,
and make maintenance easy. The overall idea is one of scoping. Currently,
all named config items have to be in the global scope, but we should
provide the option to users to define such items in  a local scope. I hope
this discussion is not forgotten but at least a Jira is created so that it
can be taken up for review in the future. I am not familiar with the
Synapse code relevant to this part, but I cannot imagine it being too much
of a change.