Hi,
In appfactory we are using jaggery to call our webservices/bpels. We were
using the WSRequest for this purpose before, but after jaggery introduces
the WSStub we thought of moving to stub. The reason we wanted to move from
WSRequest to stub was that we had to manually create the payload when using
WSRequest. But what I saw was even when using WSStub we need to mannually
add parameters etc.
With WSRequest we used
        var ws = require('ws');
        var request = new ws.WSRequest();
        var options = new Array();
        options.useSOAP = 1.1;
        options.action = "urn:process";
                var payload = '<p:CreateApplicationRequest xmlns:p="
http://wso2.org";><applicationName
xmlns="http://wso2.org";>'+applicationName+'</applicationName><userName
xmlns="http://wso2.org
">'+userName+'</userName></p:CreateApplicationRequest>';
                request.open(options, endPoint, false);
        request.send(payload);

As we got to know this is how we have to create the payload for WSStub
        var ws = require('ws');
        var stub = new ws.WSStub(endpoint);
        var getVersion =
stub.services['CreateApplication'].operations['process'];
        var payload = getVersion.payloadJSON();
        payload["p:CreateApplicationRequest"].applicationName .$ =
"userInput";
        payload["p:CreateApplicationRequest"].userName .$ = "userInput";
        getVersion.request(payload);

What I got to know when talking to jaggery team was, with WSStub also we
need to manually create the payload (xml string) or set the input
parameters by giving the parameter names and values to the JSON (as in the
example above) which does not differ much from what we do with WSRequest.
The suggestion of the jaggery team was to go with WSRequest for the moment
coz the current stub is not giving much support over WSRequest and what
they mentioned was that the stub will be improved to ease the job and so
for the moment it is better to go with WSRequest without changing to stub.
Me too did not feel much difference using WSStub over WSRequest. So what we
need to know is whether the stub design will be changed in near future and
whether it is OK to go with WSRequest for the moment?

Please point me if there are any significant advantages of using the
current stub over WSRequest and could someone please state whether the
WSStub design will be changed in near future?

--
Thanks & Regards,

Ashansa Perera
Software Engineer