On Mon, Jul 9, 2012 at 8:39 PM, Suhothayan Sriskandarajah <s...@wso2.com>wrote:

> *
> Siddhi CEP 1.0.0 - Milestone 1 Release!*
>

> Date : 9th July 2012
>
> This milestone is available at :
> http://svn.wso2.org/repos/wso2/people/suho/siddhi/m1/siddhi-1.0.0-SNAPSHOT.zip
>
> This source code is available at :
> http://svn.wso2.org/repos/wso2/trunk/commons/siddhi2
>
> Note: This release is NOT compatible with older versions, and its a
> complete revamp.
>  This release can be tested end to end.
>  Please check out the samples located in the $SIDDHI_HOME/samples
> directory to try out its basic features.
>
> *Main highlights of this release*
>
> Rewriting Siddhi
> - This is to support the full set of CEP fictionalises
> - Making its architecture extensible
>
> Defining new Siddhi CEP Language
> - Improved logical language to support CEP functions
>
> *Features Supported*
>
>  - Filter
>     - Uses stream handlers to filter events
>  - Join
>     - Supports only upto two streams at a time
>     - Match operation triggering can be configured (making "left" or
> "right" or both streams to trigger)
>  - Aggregation
>     - By default shipped with Avg, Sum , Min, Max
>     - Supports Custom Aggregations via the plugable architecture
>  - Group by
>     - Supports Group by based on more than one attribute
>     - Supported for all type if queries
>  - Having
>     - Supported for all type if queries
>  - Stream handlers
>     - Supports multiple handlers in a row per stream
>     - By default shipped with  Filter and Window
>     - Default implementations to windows are: Time window, Time Batch
> window, Length window
>     - Supports Custom Stream handlers via the plugable architecture
>  - Conditions and Expressions
>     - Implemented from scratch
>     - Mvel2 support removed
>     - Conditions supported are: and, or, not, true/false, ==,!=, >=, >,
> <=, <
>     - Expressions supported are: boolean, string, int, long, float, double
>  - Pattern processing
>     - Identifies pattern occurrences within streams
>     - Supports "every" conditions
>     - Can process two stream at a time via "and" and "or" conditions
> (currently only works on two simple streams)
>     - Can collect events, with min and max limit, using "collect"
> condition (currently only works on a simple stream)
>  - Sequence processing
>     - Identifies continuous sequences with in streams
>     - Supports "or" conditions on streams (currently only works on two
> simple streams)
>     - Supports zero to many, one to many, and zero to one  (currently only
> works on a simple stream)
>  - Query Language
>     - Implemented on Antlr
>     - Supports Query, Stream Definition and Query Plan compilation
>
> --------------------------------
>
> We welcome your feedback and would love to hear your thoughts on this
> [...]

Great stuff and +1 .

And one point to make.

Is there any reason to remove Length Batch Window ? Because I didn't see it
in this M1 release, but *Siddhi* had batch length window concept.
And AFAIU this still can be done without much effort by
extending  WindowHandler.  Then we supports all main window types which
many CEP vendors supports.

Hi Suho,
Shall we add this to M2 plan ? / correct me if I am missing anything.

> Siddhi Team
>
> --
> *S. Suhothayan
> *