On Tue, Jul 24, 2012 at 5:56 PM, Amila Suriarachchi <am...@wso2.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Jul 24, 2012 at 5:51 PM, Ajith Vitharana <aji...@wso2.com> wrote:

>>> As you know still there is no date on release on other products. So
>>> working on both trunk and branch for those products now on not really
>>> efficient. So we can work on trunk utill near the release date and do the
>>> branch.
>>>

>> --1. We have already merged G-Reg branch with trunk and committing our
>> fixes to trunk and branch.(based on discussion in "[Dev] Carbon 4
>> Orbit/Kernel/Platform Branching") . And also we have already started
>> releasing milestone packs based on the branch. Therefore every one should
>> commit to branch. Because we can't do the same thing again.
>>

> why you need to do the same thing again? you can keep on doing what you
> have been doing.
>
> I am not saying every one should work on trunk.

Hi Amila,

We can't build and release reliable pack as milestone build
without properly merging rest of the kernel and platform(trunk) with
branch. Therefore it is better to consider the branch as the primary
location at the release time. Because we have a chance to merge the trunk
from branch at the end of the release.

Thanks
Ajith

--