Currently we are having a single stream definition for service data agent
for including both service statistics and activity information. However for
activity mediator (BAM mediator) agent a different stream definition is
used since it's different in that no statistics information is present.
However this makes things bit difficult and less performant to correlate a
message flow between an App server and ESB since it would require join to
get data from two data column families. Analysis would become easier if
both activity service and mediation are to be published in to a single
stream.

A possible solution might be to separate out publishing of statistics data
and activity data in service agent in to two streams (this means two events
need to be published as well instead of one) and also having a separate
stream definition for baseline attributes (another stream def would be
required in the case of publishing custom attributes) of BAM mediator
publisher. This would require changes to both service and mediation
publisher to accommodate publishing to separate streams and make things bit
complex IMO since there would be couple of additional stream definitions in
certain cases. We might also have to think about the performance cost of
publishing two events instead of one.

Another option might be to use the current stream definition of activity
service agent to activity mediator agent so that all the data for activity
service, service statistics and activity mediation would be published to a
single column family. In this case we can just use Hive to have different
views of the same column family for different types of analytics (e.g:
analytics required for service stats, activity etc). Downside of this
approach is since all the data is that a single column family is now loaded
more.

We were thinking on going along with the first approach after some
discussion. Kasun please add anything else I have missed. Please shout if
there are any concerns and suggestions.

Regards
Buddhika