Hi Subash,

Hold on, there are multiple angles to this. You've just pointed out one,
but there are several other things one might try to do. For example,

1. someone might want to create a copy from an existing RXT and create a
new one. Some people actually do this even today. For them, edit is not
required, but being able to view the existing RXT is. (note: in the LC UI,
view and edit are both a single interface).

2. another user might try to make changes to the columns in a list UI, but
not actually change the layout of the add/edit view. Asking someone to
delete and add again is not the best answer.

So, for #1, view is required and for #2 a partial edit is required. We also
have a #3, which Eranda pointed out (i.e. being able to reconfigure the
layout of the add/edit view). #3 can actually be done through the configure
UI, but one could ask, why don't we have a complete edit instead of a
partial edit, and get rid of the separate configure UI. This would make
services and RXTs inconsistent, but then again, we can convert service to
be represented using an RXT too.

So, I'd like to suggest that we reconsider this decision and understand the
problem end-to-end and find a proper lasting solution, without attempting a
quick fix.

Thanks,
Senaka.

--
*Senaka Fernando*
Member - Integration Technologies Management Committee;

E-mail: senaka AT wso2.com
**P: +1 408 754 7388; ext: 51736*; *M: +94 77 322 1818
Linked-In: http://linkedin.com/in/senakafernando

*Lean . Enterprise . Middleware