On Wed, Jan 16, 2013 at 9:49 PM, Hasini Gunasinghe <has...@wso2.com> wrote:

> Hi Pradeep,
>
> On Wed, Jan 16, 2013 at 7:38 PM, Pradeep Fernando <prad...@wso2.com>wrote:
>
>> hi all,
>>
>> - we should not create 4.0.7 components till we release 4.0.6 ones. When
>> you create 4.0.6 components, add them to the patch release poms, it has
>> nothing to do with product releases.
>> - do not include your  *product* build in patch release pom if it is not
>> get released with current patch release cycle. do the product builds
>> separately  (for alpha/beta releases based on 4.0.6 components)
>>

> When set of products get released, it is not quite feasible to build the
> products without adding them to patch release pom - specially when we are
> taking builds from builder machine. Also, 4.0.7 products needs 4.0.6 kernel
> to be built while 4.0.6 products do not.

AS guys are planning for a 4.0.8 release at the moment. If we follow the
same pattern they will create 4.0.8 components, 4.0.7 kernel.

Getting packs from builder machine is not that hard. Is it ? Do a local
edit in the product patch release pom and get the  pack.

> - You guys havent done anything wrong, but above is the convention that we
>> sticked to..
>>

> If there is not anything wrong, can't we change the convention when
> requirement arises and for valid requirement?  :)

Problem being, down the line , some people will find it hard to figure out
what happened, why ? Lets not change it all of a sudden - in a middle of a
release cycle.

--
*Pradeep Fernando*
Member, Management Committee - Platform & Cloud Technologies

blog: http://pradeepfernando.blogspot.com
m: +94776603662