On Tue, Jan 22, 2013 at 10:58 PM, Anjana Fernando <anj...@wso2.com> wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> Sure, this can be put as a separated component. As Pradeep said,
> internally in the Kernel, we just use JNDI lookups to get the data sources
> (for Registry/UM), so we are not directly dependent on it, i.e. someone
> could use the Carbon Kernel and another mechanism to register the JNDI data
> sources.
>
> When this refactoring is done, do make sure that this component activates
> properly before Registry/UM, because those JNDI data sources should be
> there the earliest. The initialization happens in two parts, where the
> ndatasource initializes enough to get the system data sources up (which are
> read from *-datasources.xml), and after the Registry is initialized, it
> in-turn uses the registry to read in user data sources and register them.

In the carbon core level we need only the first part which reads the
datasources.xml file and register the data source with the JNDI. We can
keep the Registry based one and the UI part in a separate carbon component.

For the moment lets have only the datasource.xml read part and see how to
proceed with other part.

thanks,
Amila.