All these externals are pointing to the 4.1.0 orbit parent pom [1], not the
trunk's orbit parent pom. That's why the above error occurs. Either you
will have to copy the 4.1.0 orbit parent to your m2 repo manually, and
build the trunk or build 4.1.0 branch first, and then try to build trunk.
These are workarounds. These will be fixed after hosting the 4.1.0 orbits
in wso2 nexus maven repo. That will happen within this week.

[1] http://svn.wso2.org/repos/wso2/carbon/orbit/branches/4.1.0/pom.xml

On Wed, Mar 13, 2013 at 6:57 PM, Supun Malinga <sup...@wso2.com> wrote:

> [...]
>>> cached in the local repository, resolution will not be reattempted
>>> until the update interval of central has elapsed or updates are forced and
>>> 'parent.relativePath' points at wrong local POM @ line 22, column 13 ->
>>> [Help 2]
>>> [ERROR]
>>> [ERROR]   The project
>>> org.apache.tomcat.wso2:jdbc-pool:${version.tomcat}.wso2v1
>>> (/home/maninda/c/carbon/orbit/trunk/jdbc-pool/pom.xml) has 1 error
>>> [ERROR]     Non-resolvable parent POM: Failure to find
>>> org.wso2.carbon:orbit-parent:pom:4.1.0 in http://repo1.maven.org/maven2was
>>> cached in the local repository, resolution will not be reattempted
>>> until the update interval of central has elapsed or updates are forced and
>>> 'parent.relativePath' points at wrong local POM @ line 22, column 13 ->
>>> [Help 2]
>>> [ERROR]
>>> [ERROR]   The project
>>> org.wso2.wadl.core.wso2:wadl-core:${wadl-core.version}.wso2v1
>>> (/home/maninda/c/carbon/orbit/trunk/wadl-core/pom.xml) has 1 error
>>> [ERROR]     Non-resolvable parent POM: Failure to find
>>> org.wso2.carbon:orbit-parent:pom:4.1.0 in http://repo1.maven.org/maven2was
>>> cached in the local repository, resolution will not be reattempted
>>> until the update interval of central has elapsed or updates are forced and
>>> 'parent.relativePath' points at wrong local POM @ line 22, column 13 ->
>>> [Help 2]
>>> [ERROR]
>>> [ERROR]   The project
>>> org.apache.httpcomponents.wso2:httpcore:${orbit.patch.version.httpcore}
>>> (/home/maninda/c/carbon/orbit/trunk/httpcore/pom.xml) has 1 error
>>> [ERROR]     Non-resolvable parent POM: Failure to find
>>> org.wso2.carbon:orbit-parent:pom:4.1.0 in http://repo1.maven.org/maven2was
>>> cached in the local repository, resolution will not be reattempted
>>> until the update interval of central has elapsed or updates are forced and
>>> 'parent.relativePath' points at wrong local POM @ line 23, column 13 ->
>>> [Help 2]
>>> [ERROR]
>>> [ERROR]   The project
>>> org.apache.httpcomponents.wso2:httpcore-nio:4.2.3.wso2v1
>>> (/home/maninda/c/carbon/orbit/trunk/httpcore-nio/pom.xml) has 1 error
>>> [ERROR]     Non-resolvable parent POM: Failure to find
>>> org.wso2.carbon:orbit-parent:pom:4.1.0 in http://repo1.maven.org/maven2was
>>> cached in the local repository, resolution will not be reattempted
>>> until the update interval of central has elapsed or updates are forced and
>>> 'parent.relativePath' points at wrong local POM @ line 22, column 13 ->
>>> [Help 2]
>>> [ERROR]
>>> [ERROR] To see the full stack trace of the errors, re-run Maven with the
>>> -e switch.
>>> [ERROR] Re-run Maven using the -X switch to enable full debug logging.
>>> [ERROR]
>>> [ERROR] For more information about the errors and possible solutions,
>>> http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAVEN/ProjectBuildingException
>>> [ERROR] [Help 2]
>>> http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAVEN/UnresolvableModelException
>>>

>>> *Maninda Edirisooriya*
>>> Software Engineer
>>> *WSO2, Inc.
>>> *lean.enterprise.middleware.
>>>
>>> *Blog* : http://maninda.blogspot.com/
>>> *Phone* : +94 777603226

>> Regards,
>>
>> Tharindu Mathew
>>
>> Associate Technical Lead, WSO2 BAM
>> Member - Data Mgmt. Committee
>>
>> blog: http://tharindumathew.com/
>> M: +94777759908

> Supun Malinga,
>
> Software Engineer,
> WSO2 Inc.
> http://wso2.com
> http://wso2.org
> email - sup...@wso2.com <sup...@wso2.com>
> mobile - 071 56 91 321

*Kasun Gajasinghe*
Software Engineer;
Development Technologies Team, WSO2 Inc.; http://wso2.com ,
*email: **kasung AT spamfree wso2.com** cell: **+94 (77) 678-0813*
*linked-in: *http://lk.linkedin.com/in/gajasinghe*
*
*blog: **http://blog.kasunbg.org* <http://blog.kasunbg.org>*
twitter: **http://twitter.com/kasunbg* <http://twitter.com/kasunbg>*