On Mon, Mar 18, 2013 at 12:30 PM, Isuru Perera <isu...@wso2.com> wrote:

> Thanks Sumedha for the answers.
>

>>> Spring Framework is released under Apache License [2] and therefore I
>>> think there will be no problems with license.
>>>

>> Generally speaking, we have not added any restrictions on using any
>> framework with Carbon Framework.
>> However due to component architecture we have, there may be certain
>> restrictions that have creeped in without our knowledge.
>> This is especially true when it comes to resource loading (configuration
>> files) from classpaths.
>>
>> But bear in mind that when writing applications using third party
>> frameworks like this and if you expect your app to be multi tenant capable,
>> things like data isolation,execution isolation, security, sharing(caching),
>> efficient loading of classes, logging should be taken into consideration.
>>

>> Yes, I understand. Introducing third party frameworks can be a risk to a
> more complex framework like Carbon.

I will answer rest of the concerns later. But I specifically want to
comment on this.

This is not the intention of Carbon Frame. Though the internal
implementation might be bit complex due to vast area of functionality we
are covering, we never intend to expose that to developers who will be
writing applications on top of us.

So, ideally any developer should be free to use any of his favorite
framework on top of us (given that there are no fundamental violations).
Of course there can be glitches here & there. But if reported & has
sufficient traction, we should definitely fix those.