I agree with all of this *but*, I still don't get why the workers don't
need APIs. How do we:
- ask it to update itself for deployment type stuff
- ask it to change some config
- ask it to send BAM events to a particular place
- do JMX to it
etc. etc..

All of those require that the OC or the mgmt node or ADC be able to talk to
the server. Maybe the communication is cluster-wide (broadcast) or maybe
its point-to-point ... depends on the scenario. I am confused why we don't
need some way to interact with the worker remotely.

Obviously I'm missing some crucial thought here ... what is it?

Sanjiva.

On Fri, Mar 22, 2013 at 12:52 AM, Afkham Azeez <az...@wso2.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Mar 22, 2013 at 12:47 AM, Sagara Gunathunga <sag...@wso2.com>wrote:

>>> Obviously HTTPS. :)
>>>

>> Given the fact that both FE and BE run on same JVM do we really need to
>> use transport level protocols here ?  isn't it make sense to use Java call
>> within the JVM ?
>>

> FE (running on Web Browser)  <--- JSON/HTTP --> BE (RESTful API running in
> JVM)

Sanjiva Weerawarana, Ph.D.
Founder, Chairman & CEO; WSO2, Inc.;  http://wso2.com/
email: sanj...@wso2.com; phone: +94 11 763 9614; cell: +94 77 787 6880 | +1