Hi Ruwan
Test automation framework has provided the ability to change the
axis2.xml(carbon.xml, etc..) at the time of test execution. You can
use ServerConfigurationManager class to do the configuration changes.

Following steps can be used to change the axis2.xml file
1) keep your custom axis2.xml file in test resources
2) call the method
serverConfigurationManager.applyConfiguration($PATH/axis2.xml)
      then it will backup the current axis2.xml file and copy your
axis2.xml file to the server. then server is restated to get affect of the
configuration
      after that you can execute your test
3) after your test is finished,
call serverConfigurationManager.restoreToLastConfiguration();
    it will delete the custom axis2.xml and copy the original axis2.xml
file and server is restated . then server is in original state. no other
test get affected your configurations.

Please refer ESB integration test. we have implement many test scenarios
with custom axis2.xml files.

Thanks,
Nuwanw

On Tue, Apr 2, 2013 at 10:07 AM, Ruwan Yatawara <ruw...@wso2.com> wrote:

> Thannks Azeez! I believe that approach should be feasible for us.
>
> @ Krishanthan the reason behind having two axis2.xmls is that at the
> moement, API Manager multi tenancy is enabled via NIO transport only, but
> by default we want the API Manager pack to feature Pass-throuh transpgort.
> Therefore, we want to switch the axis2.xml at server start up before
> running the Jmeter Automation script to test the multi-tenancy features.
>
> Regards,
> Ruwan
>

> On Tue, Apr 2, 2013 at 12:21 AM, Afkham Azeez <az...@wso2.com> wrote:
>
>> If you want to maintain multiple axis2.xml files for convenience, then
>> have them named as axis2-pt.xml, axis2-nio.xml and so on, and have a
>> symbolic link names axis2.xml, and switch that link to point to the correct
>> file before starting up the server.
>>
>> Azeez
>>

>> On Mon, Apr 1, 2013 at 7:49 PM, Ruwan Yatawara <ruw...@wso2.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi All,
>>>
>>> We have a requirement to change the transport mechanism for API Manager
>>> on start up (I.e. switch from Pass through to NIO), hence is there a way to
>>> to specify which axis2.xml to use, when starting up the server? (like there
>>> us for synapse.xml)
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>>
>>> Ruwan Yatawara
>>>
>>> Software Engineer,