First, the main problem have to be fixed is to prevent a stream (i.e., name
+ version) from getting updated once created. Then the user have to create
a new stream with a new version. Not getting updated in Synapse XML is
another problem. Actually it a kind of feature in ESB. So let's ignore it
for now. When a new stream version is created it is the responsibility of
the user to update the Synapse XML. As the old existing stream cannot be
modified, the given error will not come. If the user wants to use the new
stream version he has to explicitly do it.

*
Maninda Edirisooriya*
Software Engineer
*WSO2, Inc.