On Tue, Jul 9, 2013 at 6:40 PM, Susinda Perera <susi...@wso2.com> wrote:

> *Redmine*
> Data Service generation using Dev Studio is not straightforward for the
> most basic scenario [1]
> DSS Tooling Improvements [2]
> Rich, Functional Data Services UI for Developer Studio[3]
>
> *Public JIRA*
> TOOLS-1687 support for carbon data sources [4]
> TOOLS-1394 DevStudio UI test automation: DataService tool-set test plugin
> [5]
> TOOLS-965 Add option to test the connection to Database when creating a
> new data service [6]
> TOOLS-1013 Auto generate key output mapping when 'return generated keys'
> is set to true. [7]
>
> After considering the above mentioned issues, Following are some
> improvements that i figured out, Pleas add/edit any other improvements that
> you see which is relevant.
>
>    1. Current implementation only provides data service configuration but
>    wee need to add query and operations wizards too.
>    2. Add datasources/queries/operations as a single wizard as well as
>    separate wizards (E.g: if a user to create a query, then adding query,
>    adding SQL, declaring input mapping, results and output mappings should be
>    done in a wizard. Otherwise user does not have a good idea where to go,
>    what to do)
>    3. Provide Database Explorer (eclipse has this feature for some
>    database types)
>    4. Provide "test connection to Database" option when creating a new
>    data service (eclipse has this feature for some database types)
>    5. Provide "Generate Data services" functionality (as in DSS
>    Main->Services->DataServices->Generate)
>    6. Connecting/Integrate "Data Services Validator" project with Data
>    services project

Current Data services dev studio let users to create the data services xml
file using dev studio plugin. So it is basically like editing the xml file.

What we need to have is some thing like in DSS admin console where there is
a flat UI which allow users to create data services. Please have a look at
the Rules and CEP plug ins as well. Normally users refer to have tables to
represent the lists and buttons to add/edit/delete from them.

thanks,
Amila.

>    1.
>

> [1] - https://redmine.wso2.com/issues/1123