Hi Lakmali,

There is ServerStartupHandler in the carbon core, i think it'll be useful
for your use-case.

You just need to to implement the ServerStartupHandler in your component,
and then register that class during the bundle activation time. The stuff
you need to do after the server startup, should go to the invoke() method
in your implemented class, so that it'll be called once server has started.
Please check the mail thread on @dev '[Dev] Listener Implementation Added
to Carbon Core for Receiving Notification of Server Initialization' for
more information.

Thanks,
Sinthuja.

On Thu, Jul 25, 2013 at 12:19 PM, Lakmali Baminiwatta <lakm...@wso2.com>wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I have a requirement to publish some internal APIs at the server startup.
> We are planing to use the Publisher API for this. So in order to call
> Publisher API, the publisher web app should be available and in that case,
> the server should have been started.
>
> We thought of writing a new OSGI component, which will activate after the
> server has started. I noticed that there are some components already there
> which always get activated after the server is started.
>
> ex: In API Manager, ThriftAuthenticationServiceComponent[1] activate
> method get invoked after the server has started (ie : server is accessible
> at that point).
>
> I added all the @src references available in the
> ThriftAuthenticationServiceComponent to a new component which I wrote. But
> the new component starts before the server start completion. So I am unable
> to find the reason which makes the ThriftAuthenticationServiceComponent
> startup to happen last.
>
> Is there a way to make a component to start after the server startup is
> completed?
>

> [1]
> https://svn.wso2.org/repos/wso2/carbon/platform/trunk/components/identity/org.wso2.carbon.identity.thrift.authentication/src/main/java/org/wso2/carbon/identity/thrift/authentication/internal/ThriftAuthenticationServiceComponent.java
>
> Thanks,
> Lakmali
>

> --
> Lakmali Baminiwatta*