hi Ishara,

As i remember since per message count increment to DB kill the performance
of MB considerably; we all thought of removing it for the moment. With the
new disruptor changes we thought of updating queue count periodically (not
in real-time). So i think its not good idea to depend on the queue count
for the purging operation. instead ..

What if we use [1] receive(timeout). We can set the timeout to (may be) 5
secs.

Any ideas ?

[1]
http://docs.oracle.com/javaee/1.4/api/javax/jms/MessageConsumer.html#receive(long)