Hi devs,

One of our major expectation with new Carbon 5 release is, use new
technologies which will last for another 10 years. Hence we are using newly
released version of equinox which is equinox kepler. But according to
equinox team, with next major release which is equinox Luna , they are
going to redesign the framework and core[1].

As we are planing to provide OSGi level multi-tenancy, which can be
implement with framework hooks going to be completely changed with
suggested framework redesign process. Not only the framework hooks there
are few more areas will be change with Luna release. There are few
limitations plus drawbacks in existing framework implementation. Tom Watson
have explained the background reason for this new redesigning
requirement[2].

If we go with kepler and migrate to Luna once it released , we need to put
the exact same effort again to adopt to new framework changes.

According to me once the Equnox Luna released kepler will be outdated
equinox implantations. I would like to know your thoughts on what is the
best way to deal with this new equinox famework redesign.

[1] http://wiki.eclipse.org/Equinox/Luna_Framework
[2]
http://www.eclipsecon.org/2013/sites/eclipsecon.org.2013/files/EclipseCon%202013%20-%20Equinox_0.pdf

* Thanks, Shameera.Software Engineer - WSO2 Inc.*
*email: shameera AT wso2.com <shame...@wso2.com> , shameera AT apache.org
<shame...@apache.org>*
*phone:  +9471 922 1454 <%2B9471%20922%201454>*

*Linked in : *http://lk.linkedin.com/pub/shameera-rathnayaka/1a/661/561
*Twitter     : *https://twitter.com/Shameera_R