Hi Jayanga,

As per your first mail, I take it that a service hosting product like AS,
DSS etc. will do the task of determining the service type? Then, how about
patching into the runtime environment to determine the service type instead
of depending on reading the file-system to determine a service? You can
determine the axis2 services by patching into the AxisConfiguration.
JAX-WS/RS can be detemine by writing a CXF deployment interceptor or a
Tomcat listener.

Reading services.xml only works for AAR based services. It doesn't work for
data services, proxy services, and other the service types that are in use.

KasunG

On Tue, Feb 4, 2014 at 10:34 PM, Nirmal Fernando <nir...@wso2.com> wrote:

> Hi Jayanga,
>
> I wonder this approach would help us. There could be lot of issues.
>
> Why not thinking of introducing a meta file which represents basic set of
> information that you require in order to generate these assets? Then the
> relevant components would need to configure this meta file, if it wants to
> be registered as an asset.
>

> On Tue, Feb 4, 2014 at 10:17 PM, Jayanga Dissanayake <jaya...@wso2.com>wrote:
>
>> Hi Udara,
>>
>> Agreed with your point.
>> Its not just enough to have a file having the name 'services.xml' to
>> create a service assert.
>>
>> We have to read the file and get the service name and other information
>> from the file.
>> As Axis2 support <serviceGroup>, A single 'services.xml' file sometimes
>> may contain information about several services, hence several service
>> assert instances may have to be created.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> *Jayanga Dissanayake*
>> Senior Software Engineer
>> WSO2 Inc. - http://wso2.com/
>> lean . enterprise . middleware
>> email: jaya...@wso2.com
>> mobile: +94772207259
>>

>> On Tue, Feb 4, 2014 at 8:43 PM, Udara Liyanage <ud...@wso2.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Let's say a service.XML is found but without any service definition. Is
>>> it still a axis2 service?
>>>
>>> Touched, not typed. Erroneous words are a feature, not a typo.

> Thanks & regards,
> Nirmal
>
> Senior Software Engineer- Platform Technologies Team, WSO2 Inc.
> Mobile: +94715779733
> Blog: http://nirmalfdo.blogspot.com/

*Kasun Gajasinghe*
Software Engineer;