Hi Rukshan,

Thank you for selecting WSO2 as your mentoring organization for GSOC 2014. WSO2
Test Automation Framework (TAF) [1] is a Framework which enables to perform
as a automation framework addressing the absence of a single framework
which can perform equally in all stages of the development and deployment
cycles. TAF covers all of every products in WSO2 [2]. Currently it provide
facilities to write automate test cases and execute them in preferred
environments.

The expectation of this project is developing a tool with a GUI that can be
used to generate the automated test cases for testing  product backend
services (WSO2 Application Server... in this project) . The generated code
can be directly depend on the backend services of the product and you can
use the admin service APIs . Lets try to understand the project using the
overview architecture of the proposed tool.

*Input:* test scenarios described using natural language.

*Output*: Output should be generated java classes for the given scenario.
Those test classes should be executed using WSO2 Test Automation Framework
in the desired environment.

*In the middle* - You have to come with a way to convert the natural
language test scenarios to test classes

As the first steps before dig in to the project:
1. Get familiar with WSO2 platform [4] and WSO2 Application Server [3]
2. Try to understand the backend operations related to WSO2 Application
Server [5]
3. Look at existing tests which have been written to test backend services
of WSO2 Application Server[5]

Please feel free to contact me for any question.

Also you can ask questions related to this project or other WSO2 related
matters from following mailing lists

dev@wso2.org
architect...@wso2.org

[1]http://docs.wso2.org/display/TA100/WSO2+Test+Automation+Documentation