Hi,

I tried to build the checked out source code of Carbon Kernal using
apache-maven-3.2.1 and it gives the following error.

 Error injecting: org.apache.maven.reporting.exec.DefaultMavenReportExecutor
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/sonatype/aether/graph/DependencyFilter
    at java.lang.Class.privateGetDeclaredConstructors(Class.java:2389)
    at java.lang.Class.getDeclaredConstructors(Class.java:1836)
    at
com.google.inject.spi.InjectionPoint.forConstructorOf(InjectionPoint.java:245)
    at
com.google.inject.internal.ConstructorBindingImpl.create(ConstructorBindingImpl.java:99)
    at
com.google.inject.internal.InjectorImpl.createUninitializedBinding(InjectorImpl.java:653)
    at
com.google.inject.internal.InjectorImpl.createJustInTimeBinding(InjectorImpl.java:863)
    at
com.google.inject.internal.InjectorImpl.createJustInTimeBindingRecursive(InjectorImpl.java:790)
    at
com.google.inject.internal.InjectorImpl.getJustInTimeBinding(InjectorImpl.java:278)
    at
com.google.inject.internal.InjectorImpl.getBindingOrThrow(InjectorImpl.java:210)
    at
com.google.inject.internal.InjectorImpl.getProviderOrThrow(InjectorImpl.java:986)
    at
com.google.inject.internal.InjectorImpl.getProvider(InjectorImpl.java:1019)

As the article
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAVEN/AetherClassNotFoundexplains,
This error is caused by Maven 3.1-alpha-1 migration from Sonatype
Aether to Eclipse Aether (MNG-5354<https://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MNG-5354>),
which is an incompatible change for some plugins. I think changes need to
be made to enable the Kernal to be built using newer versions of maven.

I installed maven-3.0.5 and the Kernal was built successfully.

Thank you,
Sasikala