Hi Iresha,
The deliverables to this project would be,

1. A jason configuration for replacing current RXT configuration model
2. Plug that model to the existing UI generator model (This should be
refactor or replace our old UI generator)
3. Plug that model to the existing Governance API
4. Implementing nested RXT support - Currently we only allow to have basic
data support in field. But we need to improve this to define another
datatype inside a datatype. I'll explain this in detail later.

thanks
Eranda

On Fri, Mar 7, 2014 at 11:01 AM, Iresha Udayangani <iresh...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi all,
>

> I'm Iresha Udayangani, a 3rd year undergraduate of department of
> Electronic and Telecommunication Engineering, University of Moratuwa,
> Sri Lanka. I went through the list of WSO2 project ideas for GSOC
>
> 2014. Proposal 1: Implement Registry Extension (RXT) 2.0 + Associated
>
> UI support seemed to be quite interesting and match my past
> experiences.
>
> I was able to download wso2greg-4.6.0, then run it. I went through
> some of the reference documents/webinars and uploaded a couple of rxt
> files(person.rxt, project.rxt) in Extensions->Artifact Types ->Add new
> Artifacts and got familiar with their functionality.
>
> As far as I can understand the project expects the following,
>
> [1] A new RXT format should be defined using JSON, instead of the
> current XML Structure, so that existing JSPs might need few
> alterations in order to render UIs based on the new JSON format.
> JSON seems to be more efficient and browser friendly compared to XML.
>
> [2] Instead of user manually configuring/creating the XML structure
> (RXT definition) the project expects to automatically generate the RXT
> definition from a UI template.
>
> [3] When adding a new Artifact type, user can be provided with a new
> UI where it contains basic fields to be filled (such as artifactType,
> singularLabel, pluralLabel, storagePath etc. ) and few custom elements
> (to add UI columns, content fields) instead of the current XML editor,
> where user needs a bit of programming background to configure things.
> After the user successfully configured the new artifact, the RXT
> format can be generated using the information provided in the previous
> step. An editor can be provided  for the advanced users as well.
>
> I'm a bit struggling in understanding  some of the project
> deliverables and trying to find the code samples, where it needs to be
> modified. It would be much helpful if anyone could help me out with
> more details.
>
> Thanks,
> Iresha.

*Eranda Sooriyabandara*Senior Software Engineer;
Integration Technologies Team;
WSO2 Inc.; http://wso2.com
Lean . Enterprise . Middleware

E-mail: eranda AT wso2.com