Hi Bhathiya,

As I remember, this was limited to HTTP because, in our standard security
policy scenarios, in a case of HTTP not available, we may have to give
extra parameters such as user credentials when calling the data service.
Since the data services tasks does not allow you to pass in these type of
information, it was just limited to services which has HTTP endpoints.

Cheers,
Anjana.

On Sun, Apr 6, 2014 at 1:31 AM, Bhathiya Jayasekara <bhath...@wso2.com>wrote:

> Hi devs,
>
> DSS docs [1] say "*Note*: Only data services with HTTP endpoints are
> available when scheduling tasks to invoke data service operations."
>
> Can I know the reason for $subject please?
>
> [1] https://docs.wso2.org/display/DSS310/Scheduling+Tasks

> *Bhathiya Jayasekara*
> *Software Engineer,*
> *WSO2 inc., http://wso2.com <http://wso2.com>*