On Tue, Apr 8, 2014 at 12:14 PM, Shammi Jayasinghe <sha...@wso2.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Apr 8, 2014 at 11:55 AM, Deependra Ariyadewa <d...@wso2.com>wrote:
>

>> On Tue, Apr 8, 2014 at 11:32 AM, Shammi Jayasinghe <sha...@wso2.com>wrote:
>>
>>> Hi ,
>>>
>>> I think we should not ask the user to change the .sh file or .bat file
>>> when starting with the cassandra profile. What we can do is, as default
>>> cassandra server does, we need to fix MB in a way that , when we start the
>>> MB with Cassandra profile, it automatically allocates 1/3 of the total
>>> memory for MB. WDYT ?
>>>

>> We should be able to calculate required memory in the wso2server.sh.
>>

> Hi Sameera / Kishanthan,
>
>  We have  a requirement that the memory allocated when MB server starts
> with Cassandra profile should be a portion of the complete memory of the
> server. Is it possible to do it and if it is possible, how we should
> proceed ?

We currently don't use profile specific configurations (such as specific
start-up scripts, etc) when starting up profiles. We start profiles after
the java process is started and all profiles use the same configurations.
So this will not be possible using carbon server startup scripts.

But can't you use MB/Cassandra specific startup script for this? This
script should set the relevant JVM parameters and call server start-up with
cassandra profile.

--
*Kishanthan Thangarajah*
Senior Software Engineer,