After switching to Hazelcast, we rewrote the HTTP session replication to
work with cluster messaging. However, this is suboptimal because we also
have a proper caching implementation. So, session replication should happen
via caching.

The way to implement this would be, for each HTTP session (UUID), there
should be a cache in the respective tenant's space, under a single cache
manager (HTTPSessionCacheManager, say). The cache should be created using
the CacheBuilder API so that the HTTP session timeout is inline with the
cache timeout. Now, session replication boils down to a matter of placing
the relevant objects into this cache.

This should be a simple implementation & would be good for a new person to
take this up to learn more about Carbon concepts. You can talk to me if you
need any clarifications.

--
*Afkham Azeez*
Director of Architecture; WSO2, Inc.; http://wso2.com