Hi Nuwan,

Isn't this a bug?  When we tested this we used a RESTful service (starbucks
sample) as the back end. And you can't expect the client would always send
application/xml as the Content-Type when calling a rest backend. Sending a
text/xml is totally valid when calling a RESTful backend.

regards,
Nirodha

On Thu, May 1, 2014 at 12:35 PM, Nuwan Dias <nuw...@wso2.com> wrote:

> Its not that it alters request urls, it drops the request parameters from
> the outgoing request when the Content-Type is text/xml.
>
> If the API context is:  /stockquote/1.0.0
>
> Endpoint is: http://host:port/StockQuoteService
>
> Request url is:  /stockquote/1.0.0/getQuote
>
> In the case of applcation/xml, the outgoing request is http://host:port
> /StockQuoteService/getQuote
>
> In the case of text/xml, the outgoing request is http://host:port
> /StockQuoteService
>
> As you see, in the case of text/xml, 'getQuote' is not sent to the back
> end.
>
> I presume this is the correct behavior since text/xml is normally used for
> SOAP?
>
> Thanks,
> NuwanD.
>

> On Thu, May 1, 2014 at 11:37 AM, Asanthi Kulasinghe <asan...@wso2.com>wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Context path of POST request URLs of APIs get dropped at the gateway
>> when  invoked with the content-type 'text/xml'.
>> I have reported the issue under [1].
>> Please look into this.
>>
>> [1] - https://wso2.org/jira/browse/APIMANAGER-2256
>>

>> Regards