On Fri, May 9, 2014 at 9:25 PM, Ajith Vitharana <aji...@wso2.com> wrote:

> Hi Uvindra,
>

> On Fri, May 9, 2014 at 5:47 PM, Uvindra Dias Jayasinha
> <uvin...@wso2.com>wrote:
>
>> This limitation was highlighted during the discussion we had with Ajith
>> just before work on the API Store forum was started. As I mentioned we ran
>> into the same limitation when developing the development governance
>> solution. The text area that was to store custom javascript rules could not
>> accommodate anything exceeding 1000 characters. In the end after discussing
>> with Senaka we solved the problem by increasing the column size of
>> REG_VALUE to 5000 and changing the DB scripts that were shipped with the
>> solution accordingly.
>>

> So, what happen when the length is 5001 ? :)

Yes, I think we should someday fix this rxt field to property mapping.
Otherwise there's no point in having a field called 'text-area' in the rxt
right? Its capabilities become limited to same as the 'text' field.
Besides, from a user POV, there's no point in creating a property in the
rxt for each field. And when you comes across the need to store more than
1000 characters in an artifact, you're totally blocked from doing so and
have to resort to other complicated measures.

So I suggest that we make it a point to fix this urgently when appropriate.
Kernel 4.3.0 or C5 at least. Sooner the better :)