On Tue, May 13, 2014 at 4:30 PM, Amal Gunatilake <am...@wso2.com> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> Following updates has been discussed on $subject.
>
> 1) The isCoordinator check is not necessary for publishing the cache
> invalidation message.
> 2) Separate the implementation of publisher and subscriber into 2 classes.
> 3) Alter the implementation to support, when the isCoordinator node goes
> down; the next coordinator node should get auto subscribe to the topic.
>
> The 3rd point was discussed to implement as follows:
>
> The osgi service implementation bundle will be present at all nodes. So it
> will check whether "Am I the coordinator?" in a given time interval (This
> time interval can be configured in cache.xml). When one node goes down then
> the next coordinator will become the coordinator. At this point "Am I the
> coordinator?" will get the response and it will subscribe it-self to the
> topic.

There is a better way of implementing this. When a node becomes a
coordinator, it would notify all OSGi services which implement that
interface. I already have this implemented in C5 kernel (must check). We
need to bring that back in. Rather than have a task that checks whether I
am the coordinator, we should use this notification based mechanism.

--
*Afkham Azeez*
Director of Architecture; WSO2, Inc.; http://wso2.com