Hi,

For my training project, it was planned to create a toolbox and a data
agent for JBoss AS. Since BAM already has a JMX agent and JBoss exposes its
stats through a JMX server, it is not useful to create a separate toolbox
and a data agent for specifically for JBoss. After a discussion with
Jaminda, Anjana and Sagara, we planned to extend the functionalities of the
existing JMX agent. Existing JMX toolbox can be used to collect statistics
from OS, memory and threads and also it is possible to add other MBeans
exposed by the remote JMX server.

If I want to collect statistics from a specific JMX server, I can create a
JMX profile and select the MBeans and attributes, and then save that JMX
profile. How could these profiles be used to visualize JMX statistics on
BAM dashboards?

--
Gimantha Bandara
Software Engineer