Hi Ruchira,

On Mon, Jul 7, 2014 at 6:39 PM, Ruchira Wageesha <ruch...@wso2.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Jul 7, 2014 at 4:46 PM, Krishantha Samaraweera <
> krishan...@wso2.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi Ruchira,
>>
>> This is not going to be a simple plugin to implement.This plugin will act
>> as a test executor and report generator, and we need to integrate code
>> coverage generation as well. Maven already provide sure-fire plug for test
>> execution and TestNG and Emma provide other capabilities. So writing a new
>> plugin from the scratch will be more work and we are going to ignore
>> existing plugins and test framework capabilities. I think we are trying to
>> reinvent the wheel
>>
> Sorry Krishantha, you have got it wrong :). I never said to reinvent the
> wheel and I know it is useless.
>
> To clarify what I meant, assume the configuration that everyone put in
> their pom.xml asking TestNG/Emma to execute the test class that they
> wrote(Let's say it as X and everyone will have to write the same class).
> Instead of that, your test framework jar bundles the class(X) and you write
> a maven plugin, which allows someone to ask TestNG/Emma to execute tests
> with your bundled class(X) by just specifying maven plugin configuration in
> their pom.xml

Idea of this new feature was to run jaggery tests and display the result in
TestNG report generated by test framework. To implement the plugin you
mentioned, we need to write a wrapper plugin around surefire plugin. I
don't know whether this capability is provided by maven.

The test class that developers going write will be look like this [1]. It
is matter of extending abstract test class. Will do a demo on this and
discuss with you. So we can decide what is the best way to go ahead.

[1]
https://github.com/wso2/product-dss/blob/master/modules/integration/tests-integration/tests/src/test/java/org/wso2/dss/integration/test/server/mgt/DSSServerBundleStatusTestCase.java

again.

>> Adding one single test class just by extending a class provided by test
>> framework doesn't going to be overkill.
>>
>> Is there a way to discover all jaggery applications hosted in carbon
>> server instance? if jaggery app discovery is available, then we can use
>> testNG listener to run all unit tests in those Jaggery apps even without
>> writing single java class in product test modules.
>>
> +1. If you list down all the directories available within
> repository/deployment/server/jaggeryapps directory, those are the Jaggery
> apps available.

If we refer carbon.home in tests case, then the test case will have to be
skipped from platform/distributed scenarios (where distribution is hosted
remotely). We refer carbon.home only if there is no way to get test inputs.

Is there a admin service to get all jaggery apps deployed on carbon
instance ?

Thanks,
Krishantha.