Hi all,

This is regarding the tomcat-7 implementation of web sockets.

When setting up a web socket end point, to receive events from clients, the
following problem comes up:

Web socket end point must  cater two client types:
1. Clients who want to publish to a *tenant-specific* end-point (e.g.
ws://localhost:9763/websocketin*/t/tenant1*/topic1)
2. Clients who want to publish to a *super-tenant-owned* end-point (e.g.
ws://localhost:9763/websocketin/topic1)

How are we going to cater both of these types of connect-requests, using
the same web socket end point?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*For example,*

To support 'ws://localhost:9763/websocketin/t/tenant1/topic1' like URL
pattern, we can define the end point as,
@ServerEndpoint(value = "/t/{tdomain}/{topic}")

In that case, "/t/{tdomain}" is NOT optional.

As such, a URL pattern like 'ws://localhost:9763/websocketin/topic1' will
not be valid, since it's missing "/t/{tdomain}".

Any thoughts on how to achieve the subject?

Thanks,
Dilini

--
*Dilini Muthumala*