We should not use appenders to read the logs back, there are set of log
providers/readers available in platform for a eg :
TenantAwareLogProvider/TenantAwareLogReader can be used to get logs from
MemoryAppender.  This log provider mechanism has been improved in 4.3.0
trunk to support pluggable log providers.

Another thing is , if we disable MemoryAppender in production systems( due
to memory issues)  then the above components will not function.

Relevant product teams, please change this and use Log providers to read
logs which is the most clean way to get logs.

Thanks,
Shameera.

On Tue, Jul 22, 2014 at 7:11 PM, Gayashan Amarasinghe <gayas...@wso2.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I observed that the same implementation is followed in
> EventTracerAdminService [1] and JiraAppender [2] as well.
>
> [1]
> https://github.com/wso2-dev/carbon-event-processing/blob/master/components/event-monitor/event-tracer/org.wso2.carbon.event.tracer/src/main/java/org/wso2/carbon/event/tracer/EventTracerAdminService.java
>
> [2]
> https://github.com/wso2-dev/platform/blob/master/components/health-monitor/org.wso2.carbon.health/src/main/java/org/wso2/carbon/health/service/JiraAppender.java
>
> /Gayashan
>

> On Thu, Jul 17, 2014 at 4:20 PM, Gayashan Amarasinghe <gayas...@wso2.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>>  MediationTracerService [1] within the carbon-mediation repo is tightly
>> coupled with the MemoryAppender which is available in the carbon-kernel.
>> MediationTracerService is only reading the log. We believe this is not the
>> best way to achieve this. We can use a Logging Provider [2] available
>> within the carbon-utils to achieve this task.
>>
>> WDYT?
>>

>> ​[1]
>> https://github.com/wso2-dev/carbon-mediation/blob/master/components/mediation-monitor/mediation-tracer/org.wso2.carbon.mediation.tracer/src/main/java/org/wso2/carbon/mediation/tracer/MediationTracerService.java
>> ​
>>
>> [2]
>> https://github.com/wso2-dev/carbon-utils/tree/master/components/logging/org.wso2.carbon.logging.service/src/main/java/org/wso2/carbon/logging/util
>>
>> ​Thanks.