Hi Raj,

As Kasun pointed out, you don't need to map hostname to IP in /etc/hosts
since we are using IP addresses for WKA configuration in PPaaS. This is
done by the Stratos cartridge agent (in start-servers.sh agent extension).

What happens is cartridge agent will keep listening to topology topic and
get the IP addresses of its cluster members and pass those parameters to
the start-servers extension. This extension script will then write those IP
addresses into the axis2.xml and start the WSO2 product server (for eg -
WSO2 AS). Cartridge agent will only take IP addresses of WKA members by
looking at the "PRIMARY: true" member property in the topology.

On Sun, Aug 10, 2014 at 11:21 PM, Kasun Gajasinghe <kas...@wso2.com> wrote:

> There is no need for the worker nodes to know about the manager node for
> the purpose that you are talking about. And, the manager nodes do need to
> know from where the worker cluster can be accessed because of the
> management console. Ie. The mgt console need to show WSDL urls of services
> etc. wrt to worker node. But even in that case, manager do not access the
> worker nodes. So, you do not have to add any host-to-ip mapping there
> either.
>
> In a cluster, the nodes communicate with each other via cluster messages.
> All the nodes need to be aware of each other for this to happen. This is
> configured via the underlying clustering configuration in axis2.xml. We
> usually use IPs in that case (for localMemberHost). But if you set host
> names for that, then you need to map the host names to ips.
>
> KasunG
>

> On Sun, Aug 10, 2014 at 12:12 PM, Nirmal Fernando <nir...@wso2.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi Raj,
>>
>> AFAIK these are done at one of the extensions of Agent (member activated
>> AFAIR).
>>
>> Manager nodes do need to know about worker cluster, hence you need to map
>> the host name of worker cluster to LB. But worker cluster doesn't need to
>> know about Management node.
>>

>> On Sun, Aug 10, 2014 at 11:53 AM, Rajkumar Rajaratnam <rajkum...@wso2.com
>> > wrote:

>>> I am pretty sure that I am missing something here :) If we map at client
>>> side, client knows about hosts and can access directly using host names. If
>>> we don't map in worker node, how a worker node knows about manager node?
>>>
>>> If we use manager node's IP instead of its host name in worker node's
>>> configuration files, then we don't have to map it in worker node. But what
>>> if we are using manager node's host name (mgt.esb.wso2.com) in worker
>>> node's configuration files? Then we should map it right?
>>>
>>> Thanks.

>>> --
>>> Rajkumar Rajaratnam
>>> Software Engineer | WSO2, Inc.
>>>  Mobile +94777568639 | +94783498120

>> Thanks & regards,
>> Nirmal
>>
>> Senior Software Engineer- Platform Technologies Team, WSO2 Inc.
>> Mobile: +94715779733
>> Blog: http://nirmalfdo.blogspot.com/
>>

> --
>
> *Kasun Gajasinghe*Senior Software Engineer, WSO2 Inc.
> email: kasung AT spamfree wso2.com
> linked-in: http://lk.linkedin.com/in/gajasinghe
> blog: http://kasunbg.org

Akila Ravihansa Perera