Hi all,

I have tried with the cmf editor (based on the demo provided :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZWBuz0FwZU) and was not unable to get it
running. I have sent a mail to Dmitry and waiting for a response.

As far as i have figured out,

* [A] The cmf editor is java based* and the method onModuleLoad() in GWT,
works similar to JQuery onDocumentready(). We can call javascript functions
separately from the moduleLoad function as native methods using JSNI. for
connection creation they (CMF) have developed something primitive similar
to jsplumb by keeping the connections in an arrayList.

 [B] In creating connections for the gwt-dnd based elements we can use
jsplumb according to the tutorial [1]. I have tried the sample there and
have it at [2]. It builds successfully but the execution fails as it
requires gwt plugin for browsers and supports only earlier versions of
firefox (version 24). We will have to find a way to get gwt developer
plugin into our browsers to develop gwt based web application.

So far for my understanding,

* [C] whether we use gwt-dnd(which is used for cmf editor) Or Gquery we
will have to re-write all our javascript functions in java for gwt*. We
cannot use our existing jquery functions as it is in gwt. we can use
jsplumb even with dnd as jsplumb is connection creationd and dnd is gwt
framework for drag and drop.

* [D] If we are taking a different approach* we will have to write our own
editor for codenvy integration. All the above work i tried only creates gwt
based projects and not codenvy extensions.

P.S :

The other option we have is to import our application (with jquery and
jsplumb)  as an iframe into codenvy editor and try to access the elements
inside iframe. In this way we can use the existing application as it is.
Yet i doubt the possibility of accessing elements inside iframe. I have
tried it in [3].

[1]http://code.google.com/p/gwt-jsplumb/
[2]https://github.com/tikaa/jsplumbGWT
[3]https://github.com/tikaa/codenvyIframeESBEditor