Thanks Suresh & Prasad...

I think Option 2 and 3 suggested by Suresh together would solve the
issue... but before that I have to check from where this role name is
referred. If the user can change the role name, that name should be
retrieved from all the places the where the role is used if for the role
name, SP's name is referred.