Hi all,

I observed that when we send encoded special characters in msg context to
ESB some of these characters are decoded inside ESB. Please see the example
used below.

My input message is like this,

<content>This is &amp; &lt; &gt; &apos; &quot; Test </content>

When sending this into a proxy service and logged in the ESB, result looks
as this.

<soapenv:Envelope xmlns:soapenv="http://www.w3.org/2003/05/soap-envelope
"><soapenv:Body><content>*This is &amp; &lt; > ' " test *
</content></soapenv:Body></soapenv:Envelope>

You can see that ampersand and less than encodings are preserved but
greater than, single and double quotes are decoded. On a side this [1]
explains that only the & and < characters are strictly illegal to have in
XML. I was wondering whether ESB also follows this reason.

Is there any specific reason why this happens?  In addition if it is
required to keep these characters encoded inside ESB what should be the way
to do that?

Thanks!
Ishara

[1]