Hi Mahesh*,*

I think It's because of the default collation of your database. I assume
your default collation uses the UTF8 character set. in that case MySQL
limits the length of keys by bytes, not characters. Since the UTF8
implementation MySQL uses allows for 3 bytes per character, the max length
of a key on a UTF8 column is 3 times the key length in characters. You need
to change the collation of the database.

About using MySQL in different operating systems [1]
For users of Microsoft Windows, when creating the database in MySQL, it is
important to specify the character set as latin1. The following is how your
database creation command should look.

mysql> create database <DATABASE_NAME> character set latin1;

For users of other operating systems, the standard database creation
commands will suffice. For these operating systems, the following is how
your database creation command should look.

mysql> create database <DATABASE_NAME>;

Thanks,
Rajith

[1] https://docs.wso2.com/display/CLUSTER420/Setting+up+the+Database

On Mon, Oct 13, 2014 at 8:38 AM, Awanthika Senarath <awanth...@wso2.com>
wrote:

> Hi
>
> Please see whether [1] sheds any light.
>
> [1]
> http://wso2.com/library/articles/2013/04/deploying-wso2-platform-mysql-cluster/
>
> thanks and regards
> Awanthika
>
> On Fri, Oct 10, 2014 at 5:58 PM, Tharindu Edirisinghe <tharin...@wso2.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi Mahesh,
>>
>> I checked [1] but couldn't find much information. You can try to reduce
>> the registry path by extracting your setup to a different location that is
>> much closer to the root in the file system.
>>
>> [1] https://wso2.org/jira/browse/CARBON-5917
>>
>> On Fri, Oct 10, 2014 at 5:29 PM, Mahesh Chinthaka <mahe...@wso2.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> When trying to set up appfactory, i got $subject as an error while at an
>>> execution of a mysql script.
>>> related mysql code segment is quoted below and line 57 is in bold letters
>>>
>>> CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS REG_PATH(
>>>              REG_PATH_ID INTEGER NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT,
>>>              REG_PATH_VALUE VARCHAR(750) NOT NULL,
>>>              REG_PATH_PARENT_ID INTEGER,
>>>              REG_TENANT_ID INTEGER DEFAULT 0,
>>>              CONSTRAINT PK_REG_PATH PRIMARY KEY(REG_PATH_ID,
>>> REG_TENANT_ID)
>>> )ENGINE INNODB;
>>>
>>> *CREATE INDEX REG_PATH_IND_BY_PATH_VALUE USING HASH ON
>>> REG_PATH(REG_PATH_VALUE, REG_TENANT_ID);*
>>>

>>> furthermore there were some comments in the script as below
>>>
>>> -- The REG_PATH_VALUE should be less than 767 bytes, and hence was fixed
>>> at 750.
>>>
>>> -- See CARBON-5917.
>>>
>>> Does anybody know how to overcome this issue ?
>>>
>>> --
>>> *Mahesh Chinthaka Vidanagama* | Software Engineer
>>> WSO2, Inc | lean. enterprise. middleware.
>>> #20, Palm Grove, Colombo 03, Sri Lanka
>>> Mobile: +94 71 63 63 083 | Work: +94 112 145 345
>>> Email: mahe...@wso2.com | Web: www.wso2.com

>> Tharindu Edirisinghe
>> Software Engineer | WSO2 Inc
>> Identity Server Team