Prabath

Does HDFS support MT via multiple namenodes?

Paul

On 15 October 2014 09:49, Prabath Abeysekera <praba...@wso2.com> wrote:

> Hi Folks,
>
> I've got a 3rd party dependency (i.e Hadoop/HDFS) to be adapted into GIT
> and wondering where exactly I should do the initial developments, etc with
> the newly introduced GIT model? I do realize that I could have simply used
> a private repository or something and do the initial forking and stuff, but
> just checking if there's any recommended space available within any
> WSO2-managed repository where I could simply get the stuff checked in and
> make them available for collaborative developments within the team.
>
> What's the recommended approach?
>
> Let me explain why we need to get this in created as a separate repository
> as well. We'd already done a lot of R&D around getting MT implemented for
> HDFS using the extension points exposed within Hadoop without any success.
> Tried getting ourselves into discussions with the Hadoop community also
> just to see if there's an alternative approach available to what we'd
> suggested for implementing the same but haven't received any positive
> response yet. Therefore, I'm afraid the only approach we're left with right
> now is to get the sources forked into our own code base and moving forward
> with the developments. I certainly do realize that this would incur
> maintenance issues and all while trying to upgrade the versions, etc.
> However, I do not see any other feasible alternative option that we can
> make use of, in order to continue developments on this front.
>
> Please do share your feedback as to how we could resolve the
> aforementioned as well.
>

> Cheers,
> Prabath
>
> P.S. Pardon if this is something that's already been discussed within the
> list, I'm just trying to get my head around this. :)
>
> --
> Prabath Abeysekara
> Associate Technical Lead, Data TG.
> WSO2 Inc.
> Email: praba...@wso2.com
> Mobile: +94774171471

Paul Fremantle
CTO and Co-Founder, WSO2
OASIS WS-RX TC Co-chair, Apache Member

UK: +44 207 096 0336

blog: http://pzf.fremantle.org
twitter.com/pzfreo
p...@wso2.com

wso2.com Lean Enterprise Middleware

Disclaimer: This communication may contain privileged or other confidential
information and is intended exclusively for the addressee/s. If you are not
the intended recipient/s, or believe that you may have received this
communication in error, please reply to the sender indicating that fact and
delete the copy you received and in addition, you should not print, copy,
retransmit, disseminate, or otherwise use the information contained in this
communication. Internet communications cannot be guaranteed to be timely,
secure, error or virus-free. The sender does not accept liability for any
errors or omissions.